Feb 15, 2014

I'll never catch up...

…and I'm not sure anyone even checks this anymore but I'm doing this for me. Initially, that was all I started a blog for….as a scrapbook of my family and for the grandparents to easily see pictures. After our sweet Cohen was diagnosed in utero with a fatal form of dwarfism, this blog took on a different purpose. It was therapeutic for me to write, a great way to tell God's story through his life, and served as an easy way for us to post updates and prayer requests. Over the years, life got busy and I felt pressure to post for everyone that was waiting for news, pictures, etc. I got a little overwhelmed and took a break…a break turned into a long hiatus…but I have REALLY missed keeping record of all the things my kids do.

So, I'm going to start posting again…. mainly just for me!:)  Maybe I'll be consistent….maybe not. Maybe one day, I'll go back and sort of catch up!

A quick update if anyone else reads this!! Our oldest, Cort, just turned 8 and is in 2nd grade! Cohen is going to be 6(yep, 6!!!) in March and is in an orthopedic Kindergarten classroom, and in 2012 we added another little McGowan and a lot of pink to our household…Laine, is about 17 months old!

 Recently, we've had quite a go at some winter weather for the South. A few weeks ago we had an inch or two of snow and the kids really enjoyed it. And then this week we ended up with about 4 or 5 inches. Not a lot for many people, but a ton for us. It actually snowed on three different days and we would have had more accumulation if we didn't have so much freezing rain in between.

All three of my kiddos loved the snow and we had a great hill for sledding!


Cohen


Cort


Laine



Our snow fort!


Snow craft!


Little wagon ride


Snow cream!!



Making a snowman



Sledding




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are still on my news feed so I'm still reading! I haven't been blogging either...life just gets in the way.

Congrats on the new baby! Beautiful family.

Tonya said...

I'm still reading too! Your boys have gotten so big and congrats on that precious little girl of yours. You are a blessed mama!

Anonymous said...

I keep checking back occasionally to see if you've updated.
OH MY GOODNESS! The boys look sooo grown up! And now a sweet little girl to add to the family. I'm glad you plan to keep updating. I've missed you.

K Linell said...

I still think about your family and hope you are all doing well.

Mila Browning said...

It's wonderful that you are using your blog as an outlet to document the special moments with your children.