Feb 15, 2008

Concert for Cohen

*** I'll leave this post up until the date of the concert - scroll down to see more current posts.

Chris and I have planned a prayer concert for Cohen on Friday. Feb. 15th at 8:00pm. As the invitation says, anyone who wants to be there is welcome to come. We appreciate every one's prayers and would love to have a community of believers gathered together to pray for Cohen. This night holds significance for us on a few levels. First, as I mentioned, to unite in prayer and to worship God. But also, this is something we can do for Cohen right now, while he is alive if God chooses not to heal him. Music is Chris' passion. He has always desired to share it with our children. He and a few of his buddies will be playing a mix of praise songs and other music that he has chosen to play for Cohen that night.
If you can't join us in person, we welcome your prayers.


15 comments:

TigerFamily said...

I so wish we could be there. Please know that you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. We will be thinking of you all this night of celebration. Much love, the Darley's

So Blessed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
So Blessed said...

What a precious idea. I know that your family (and others) will be blessed and that God will be glorified. My prayers continue for God's peace and comfort for all of you...

Anonymous said...

Dearest Emily, Please know that I continue to lift you, Chris, Court and your extended family up to our Lord. Oh blessed one, child of God, may you feel His arms around you each step of the way.

I will be praying for you on this night.
Love,
Mom Heyward - Martha's mom

Anonymous said...

I really hope I get to come to this. What a wonderful idea. I've told a few friends in my Christian moms group about it too. You, Chris, Cohen, and Cort have been in our prayers.

Court said...

I came across your blog through another friend's blog. Please know that we are praying for you in Houston, TX.

Emily said...

This is the coolest thing I've seen lately. I'll be in prayer for you all. Thanks for sharing your little miracle man with the world and for letting us praise God for him, too. :)

Unknown said...

Chris,

I haven't seen you in years when I used to run sound for FCA at Clemson. I ran across Cohen's story via Jake Miller's blog and I just wanted to say hello and let you and Emily know that Amy and I will be praying for Cohen and the rest of your family. God's power is made perfect in weakness (2 Cor 12:9) and He is giving you both an amazing testimony.

- Greg Harris

Devin said...

Emily,

I came across your blog thru a comment you left for another, and wanted you to know that I am going to be linking your blog under my "praying for" section on my blog.

I have several families that I have been blessed to find and pray for, and now yours is going to be added to that list--and I know some of my readers will be praying too. I hope that is okay that I link you (if not, just let me know and I will just visit personally).

I will continue to check in on your family and pray for you all daily!

Love and prayers,
Devin in Illinois

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
I came across your blog several months ago. I am about a month behind you, also carrying a son with Thanatophoric Dysplasia. I identify with everything you feel/felt and are anticipating in the weeks to come. I wish you, Chris and Cohen the best and admire your strength and spirit!

With you from Colorado -

Mollie

Jenna said...

We havent met before but I just ccame acroos your blog. Id love to talk i cant seem to send you an email. We were told that we had an 80% chance of this dysplasia for our son who blessed us 2 years ago ! Lets talk if you have a minute:)
jgerzsenye@hotmail.com

Joni said...

Hey Emily & Chris,
I haven't seen y'all in forever but I knew you from DCF & FCA. I found your blog through some other Clemson friends and have been praying for you and this tough pregnancy. I am so so sorry for this sadness and challenges. I know Cort is brining you joy and for that I am thankful! I will continue to pray for your family. Take care,
Joni

susan said...

hey emily and chris...i've been praying for you guys for a few months now. logan connected me with your blog and i've been reading ever since.

this is one of those times i wish i still lived in g-ville! man, how i would love to be there for this sweet offering of prayer and praise. what a testament to your faith and spirit...and to God's strength in you to display the emotions of journey with such grace.

love to you...and a hug all the way from dallas (moved from austin to dallas recently).

so proud of you guys. trusting God with the results. hoping He heals.

susan jones

Annie said...

Chris and Emily,
I just wanted to let you know that we will be praying for you guys in Charleston!
Brian and Annie

Chrys and Mike said...

How was the concert?? Can't wait to hear.

Chrys