Cohen turned 3 months old on Thursday. June 5th. I can't express in words what it feels like to roll towards summer with him in my arms.
He is growing up so much. He is really starting to come out of his shell so to speak. He gets more and more and more social everyday. His little smile just melts my heart - especially the dimple!!
He eats every 3 hours during the day and will give us any where between a 4 -7 hour strecth at night. We "dream feed" him around 10:30 or so before we go to bed and he usually wake between 2:30 and 5:00 to eat and this is typically up between 7 and 7:30 for the day. He still only eats between 2-3 ounces but continues to gain weight right now so we're rolling with it. He is a great sleeper. He still sleeps in between every meal but is starting to often make his evening nap just a little cat nap. He is really a pretty easy baby other than feedings. He doesn't cry much unless he's really tired. He isn't laughing yet but has had a few really happy coos that sound close to a laugh.
He still loves his mobile and has recently fallen in love with the airplanes we have hanging in his room. He will position himself to see them while I feed him in his rocking chair and smiles at them from behind the bottle.This melts my heart. When I was pregnant with him, in the 20 mintues we had of knowing he was a boy and finding out that there was something wrong, Chris and I spoke of doing airplanes in his room. Throughout his pregnancy I was supernaturally able to be around pregnant women, babies, baby things without much problem but airplanes got me. I can't explain why but every time I saw an airplane in a store my heart skipped a beat and it took everything within me not to buy it or burst into tears. His airplanes make me happy and I am glad they make him happy too.
He also really likes this little kick toy that his Grandmommie gave us when Cort was little. He is getting really good at kicking it to make the music go and toys move.
He is starting to pay a lot of attention to Cort and smiles at him a lot now. I got Cort some new bibs the other day and Cort just had to share them with Cohen. Cort put one on himself and the other on Cohen. Cohen thought it was the greatest thing but I wasn't quick enough with the camera to really get that part but you can see the bib so nicely placed on top of Cohen's head. ( also notice the sippy cup he shared with him at his feet)
He is turning his head more and more to find and follow us or objects he likes. He is using his arms and hands more more and clasps them together a lot. He also brings them to his mouth, swats his bottle out of his mouth, pulls on his oxygen cord and will grab at an object on his chest sometimes. Neck strength is still a struggle. He does well sitting upright with his neck and on our shoulder but just can't lift it when on his tummy.
He is on zantac still and I did get the diaper rash cleared back up - we were starting to try dairy this week but his ear infection is not cleared up and so we are on a stronger antibiotic and I want to wait until he is off of it to try the dairy. He isn't too fussy during feeds right now but doesn't really show great interest in eating. Feedings have been pretty long over the past few days.
We had gotten this little monkey for Cort to give to Cohen when he was born. I didn't have the idea at one month but starting at 2 months I took a picture of Cohen next to it and plan to do it every month to show his growth and how he changes.
Here's 2 months:
And 3 months:
13 comments:
What a cutie!!!!!!!!!! His smile will melt anyones heart. I love him! Thanks for sharing with us.
oh, i just want to squeeze that precious boy!!! what a doll he is.
chrys
He is sooooo precious!!!
oh- soo glad to hear an update and I LOVE the last picture with the monkey- ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!! Thank you for sharing your sweet sons with us!! We will be lifting up Lauren's family throughout these next few days!
love you guys
Rebecca
He's just so beautiful, Emily! So glad he is growing and developing so well.
Ashley
What a smile on that boy! Everything about him screams happiness. He is such a gift from God. Congratulations on being 3 months old!
This little guy is ready to burst out with laughter any day with that beautiful smile. He looks sooooooooo
happy and I love hearing how Cort is sharing everything with him. You have two great boys!! I will be praying for Lauren's family during this heartbreaking time too. I am so glad for the things she taught you. Children are so pure, straight from God's loving heart. Thank you for sharing your heart and your boys with us. Praying for you each day.
Love, Laurie in Ca.
Emily, he's so precious! Still praying for the four of you - and so happy to hear you're doing well!
What a happy boy!!
UNC NICU RN
oh...his little smiles made me giggle tonight. love & prayers from GA! blessings!
beth
You have three sweet boys. :D
Cohen is the cutest little boy!
Everytime I hear an airplane I will think of Cohen now. That will be a great reminder for me to pray for him and thank God for him!
Post a Comment